Pages

Tuesday 2 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey week 2 day 5 Activity 2

Compare the pictures of common clothing from the late 1940s to what you wear now (i.e. in 2017). Are they similar or are they quite different?

On your blog tell us which of the two styles you prefer and why. The pictures above were taken over 65 years ago! What do you think people will be wearing 65 years from now?

Image result for comfortable clothingImage result for 1940s clothes nz                   
Image result for 1940s clothes1940's                                                        Me
Image result for Comfy PJS

I dont think that the clothing from the late 1940's 
are similar to what I wear, the reason why is because I like to wear comfy clothes
which is like Pj's sometimes I would wear
sweatpants with a baggy T-shirt. I am 
                                                      I am being serious I would wear these                                                             al lday

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jolie
Amazing work!! It sounds like you would prefer to wear the 2018 clothes.. Have you ever worn any of the 19's clothes before?? Would you want or not want to wear it??

Nicky Bloy said...

Hi Jolie!

I think I agree with you - clothes in the 1940's are very different to what they are now. I also there there is a lot more variety and choice of style now. I think it's great that you would spent you whole day in your PJ's - comfort is key, especially in the holidays when you're relaxing!

What do you think fashion will be like in 65 years from now? Will it be much different?

Nicky :)

jolie said...

Kia Ora Harrison

Thank you for your comment, my favourite part was comparing the clothes because it shows how different our clothes are from back them. Have a great holiday :)

jolie said...

Kia Ora Vedel

Thank you for your comment, I have never worn any of the 90's clothes before. And I would not like to wear clothes from the 90's because I believe I would look silly. Have a great holiday :)

jolie said...

Kia Ora Nicky

Thank you for your comment, I think clothes 65 years from now will be alot different, I think they'll wear fancy clothes that are just black,gray and white. What about you? Do you think the style will be alot different? Why?. Have a great holiday :)

Nicky Bloy said...

Hi Jolie,

Intersting point! I think fashion kind of goes around in cycles like some things that people used to wear in the 1970's are coming back into fashion now (flared jeans). So, I think some things will be the same and some things will be different - maybe with the evolution of technology, clothes will become more technological with flashing lights and other digital embellishments (added detail)!

Nicky :)

jolie said...

Kia Ora Nicky

I appreciate your comment. Have a great holiday :)

Post a Comment