Pages

Tuesday 2 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey week 2 day 4 Bonus Activity.

One day you are walking along the deck of the ship when you hear a loud bang. You start to run as you see smoke coming from the far end of the ship. You run towards the room where your patients are waiting to receive treatment from the doctor. Just as you arrive at the door to their room you hear another loud bang and you…

Quickly run to my patients as fast as I can knowing that the rear end of the ship is under attack.
I start evacuating the patients to the lifeboats while i'm doing that, I'm also trying my best to control my emotions when another nurse comes to help and comfort me, she lets me know that It is going to be okay and that we are about to work hard under a lot of pressure .As we are assisting the last three patients to the lifeboats we are rushed by a doctor, he shouts ''Hurry the evacuation boats are about to be let down". I tell all the nurses to go, as I quickly examine around the boat to make sure no patients are left behind. I was running back to the lifeboat when I heard a bang come from the left hand side of the ship, I looked and the ship had a big hole that was filling up with water, my heart dropped as I prepared for the worst and the boat began to slowly submerge. I look around for an escape but there were no life jackets or boats, I instantly came up with a plan and grabbed the things that I needed from the control room and jump of the ship into the water. When I turned around I saw the ship and it looked like it was taking its last breath before disappearing into the ocean.I try my best to keep my head above the waves and start to do backstroke, my arms were becoming weak. So I look around as the waves start to calm down and in the corner of my eye I see something yellow. At that moment I just knew it was a lifeboat.The closer I got the more hope I gained, finally one of the nurses saw me splashing around trying to get their attention. She jumps of because she can see how weak and tired I am, she grabs my arm as tight as she could and she pulled me to the boat. Everyone on that boat thought I was crazy but they all said ''your very brave". I was then left to rest to get my strength.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jolie
I can really see the all of the hard work that you have put into this activity. I also am doing the summer learning journey on my blog. What was your favrioute part about this activity? Why?

Nicky Bloy said...

Kia Ora Joile!

What an awesome story! I was able to imagine this all happening as I was reading it. My favourite line is "I saw the ship and it looked like it was taking its last breath before disappearing into the ocean" - what a great use of personification!

I agree, you were very brave! That was definitely a bit of a life-threatening mission, but you survived and kept yourself calm.

This is some great writing Joile, well done!

Nicky :)

jolie said...

Kia Ora Harrison

Thank you for your comment,my favourite part was coming up with interesting ideas the reason why is because I wanted to keep my readers interested. Have a great holiday :)

jolie said...

Kia Ora Nicky

Thank you for your comment, Enjoy the rest of your holiday :)

Post a Comment