Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Bonus Activity.

Special foods.
This is what fried bread looks like.
Image result for fried bread recipe nz

My favourite food is fried bread. The reason why is because the taste is 
so amazing and if you make them properly the best texture to get is fluffy. 
I also like them because you can have them with jam and golden syrup.
Also because its a treat for me, Since I like fried so much I would like you to try fried bread. Maybe you
 already have but thats okay you can just learn how to make some and 
bake some for your family.

Ingredients

5 Cups of standard white flour
5 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 Cups of luke warm water
Cooking Oil
An electric frying pan or a deep pot
Instructions

Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix together. Make a well in the middle and gradually add the water. Stir together with a knife.

When the mixture starts looking like dough tip it onto a floured bench.
Knead the dough just a little until the dough develops a smooth texture. Roll the dough out to a thickness of about 6cm. Cut into slices, much like scones, pricking each one with a fork.
Heat a pot of oil or fat. Olive oil or grape seed oil is fine, and a lot less fattening.
For best results deep fry the bread in very hot oil. Add the cut dough shapes, turning as they brown. N.B. If the oil is not really hot then the floaters will not raise very well.
Great with lots of jam and/or Golden Syrup.



If you have any questions then feel free to ask.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jolie

I really like how you not only told what your favorite food is but you also put in the ingredients / instructions . I love fried bread to it yummy .
Talk to you in the future .

Anonymous said...

The best fried bread I ever had was down in Rotorua at the Saturday market in Kurau Park...when we lived there we used to visit every weekend to get our fruit and veggies and we ALWAYS stopped at the food stalls on our way home! Thanks for sharing Jolie.

jolie said...

Kia Ora Nastazia

Thank you for your comment. cant wait to talk to you in the future. Have a great holiday:)

jolie said...

Kia Ora Mrs Collins

Thank you for your comment.That sounds very cool and you are welcome I just thought that I would share. Have a great holiday :)

Ruby SLJ said...

Hi Jolie,

Thank you for sharing what your favourite food is and a recipe too! I have tried fried bread before and it is very yummy. It's always best fluffy, I agree!

There is a farmers market down the road from my house on the weekend, and when I go, I always buy fried bread. Do you make fried bread or buy it more?

I look forward to reading more of your blog!
Cheers,
Ruby.

jolie said...

Kia Ora Ruby

Thank you for your comment. Instead of buying fried bread I help my mum make it because its really fun.

Quick question are you going to try the recipe?

Have a great holiday :)

Ruby SLJ said...

Hi Jolie,

Wow! How cool that you make the bread with your mum! That's awesome.

I have never made it before, but now that you've told me the recipe I may give it a go!

Cheers,
Ruby.

jolie said...

Kia Ora Ruby

Thank you for your comment. Good luck, make sure to have fun while you're making it so that it feels like the time is going faster.

Have a great holiday and fried bread :)

Unknown said...

Kia Ora Jolie,
I love how you made your fried bread and it is also super helpful that you also shower everyone who is watching, how to make it, Keep It Up!!!

jolie said...

Kia Ora Moana

Thank you for your comment :)

Unknown said...

Hey Jolie
I love how you had put the directions on so I could try them. When you make them what other spreads can you put with them as well?? Can't wait for more to come!!

jolie said...

Kia Ora Vedel

Thank you for your comment :)

Araura said...

Kia ora jolie
my name is Araura from Wesley primary school I am full of ideas from your excellent work keep it up I would love to read more from you I hope you can make some delicious fried bread in the holidays. have a great holiday.

jolie said...

Kia Ora Araura

Thank you for your supportive comment. I am happy that I could help have a great holiday :)

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Jolie you are absolutely amazing and it such an amazing opportunity for you to have some bonding time with your family making your favourite food.

jolie said...

Kia Ora Sarah

Thank you for your supportive comment :)

Post a Comment