Pages

Wednesday 3 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey week 3 Bonus Activity

For this activity, imagine that you are living in New Zealand in the 1950s. Use Google Draw* to design the front of a postcard that you could send to a friend. Try to include elements of Kiwiana in your design (e.g. Pohutukawa trees, Hokey Pokey ice cream, etc). Post a copy of your postcard picture to your blog. Be sure to describe what you have drawn on your blog beneath the picture

This is the front of my postcard. Instead of Merry Christmas I have put Meri Kirihimete because Maori is a New Zealand Heritage and culture, also at the top you can see some christmas lights that I have put there. Just below them are two lamingtons I have put them there because I believe that they are a kiwi thing. I have also included two ferns because I personally know them as a kiwi thing. I have included a christmas tree and little presents underneath. 

2 comments:

Nicky Bloy said...

Hey Jolie!

This is an awesome postcard! I love that it is very Kiwiana and Christmas themed. This would be a great one to send to someone in another country to give them a taster of our Kiwi culture and icons.

Have you ever received or sent a postcard before? It's quite exciting getting one from another country.

Keep up the fantastic blogging!

Nicky :)

jolie said...

Kia Ora Nicky

Thank you for your comment, I agree It would be a great postcard to send to someone in another country. I have sent a postcard to nan. Quick question, Have you ever sent a postcard to a friend or family member who is in another country?

Post a Comment