Pages

Monday 10 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey Day 3 Activity 1.

I have adopted a Morepork. If you dont know what a more pork looks like, here is a picture.

A morepork is a native bird in New Zealand.

Moreporks eat Insects like Weta,Huhu beetles,moths and cicadas.

Sometimes the Morepork would grab roosting birds at night well they're sleeping and then eat them.

The Morepork normally lives in tree hollows so that the females can lay there 3 eggs in the months of October and November.

The Morepork has more than one name
The other names are: RuRu,Bookbook and the New Zealand Owl.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jolie
You have some really interesting facts
Some of the facts I didnt even know
Great job keep up the great work

Unknown said...

Amazing work Joile. I'm also blogging too

jolie said...

Kia Ora Vedel and Mafi

Thank you for the nice comments! I worked really hard because I wanted people to know about the Morepork. I am glad to see that my facts are interesting. Once again thank you for commenting. Have a nice holiday :)

Unknown said...

Hi Jolie

This is a really great piece keep it up!

jolie said...

Kia Ora Limi

Thank you :)

Unknown said...

Hey Jolie!

Well done on gathering lots of great facts about the Morepork and providing a picture! I didn't actually know that the Morepork was a New Zealand Owl... Thanks for helping me learn!

Nicky :)

jolie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jolie said...

Kia Ora Nicky

Thank you for nice comment. I am happy that I have helped you learn something new. Have a great holiday :)

Jolie

daniel said...

Hi Jolie
Good job on this activity. I had no idea that the Morepork is one of New Zealand's precious native animals. Keep up the good work.
Daniel

jolie said...

Kia Ora Daniel

Thank you for youre nice comment. I am happy to see someone learn something new. Talk to you in the future.

Jolie :)

Post a Comment