Pages

Friday 12 January 2018

Summer Learning Journey Week Day 4 Bonus Activity

Think of your favourite song. Share the name of the song, the name of the person who wrote the song and the lyrics from the song on your blog. You must type the lyrics not cut and paste them in order to earn full points for the activity.


My favourite song: Best Part 
Who wrote the song: Daniel Caesar
Who sings it: Daniel Caesar and H.E.R

Lyrics:

(Intro H.E.R)
Oh, ey

[Verse 1: H.E.R]
You don't know babe, 
When you hold me 
And Kiss me slowly
it's the sweetest thing
and it don't change
If I had it my way
You would know that you are

[ Pre Chorus 1: H.E.R]
You're the coffee that I need in the morning
You're my sunshine in the rain when its pouring
Won't you give yourself to me
Give it all, oh

[Chorus: H.E.R. & Daniel Caesar]
I just wanna see
I just wanna see how beautiful you are
You know that I see it
I know your a star
Where you go I will follow
No matter how far
This life is a life movie
But You're the best part, oh
Your the best part
Best part

[Verse 2: Daniel Caesar]
It's the sunrise 
And those brown eyes
You're the one I desire
When we wake up
And then #### ####
It makes me feel so nice

[Pre-Chorus 2: Daniel Caesar]
You're my water when I'm stuck in the dessert
You're the Tylenol that I take when my head hurts
You're the sunshine of my life

[Chorus: Daniel Caesar & H.E.R.]
I just wanna see how beautiful you are
You know that I see it
I know you're a star
Where you I'll follow
no matter how far
If life is a movie
The you're the best part, oh
You're the best part, oh
Best part

[Outro: Daniel Caesar & H.E.R.]
If you love me won't you say something
If you love me won't you
Won't you
If you love me won't you say something
If you love me won't you
Love me, won't you
If you love me won't you say something
If you love me won't you
If you love me won't you say something
If you love me won't you
If you love me won't you say something
If you love me won't you
If you love me won't you say something
If you love me won't you
Love me, Won't






6 comments:

Cia said...

Hey Jolie,

I appreciate your diligence in typing out the lyrics of your favourite song, well done. Perhaps next time you could include some subheadings to show us which parts are the verses, chorus and bridge (and intro/outro). What is your favourite part of the song?

I really like this song because of their harmonisation as well as the lyrics. I’m really appreciative of the new talent in R&B music these days. If you like H.E.R then you might like to listen to Sabrina Claudio and Jorja Smith. Do you have any music recommendations for me? I’m always on the lookout for good music!

Toe feiloa’i fo’i,

Cia.

jolie said...

Kia Ora Cia

Thank you for your comment, my favourite part of the song is the chorus.I recommend the song
Allen Stone - "The Bed I Made". Have a great holiday :)

Unknown said...

Hello Jolie
This sounds like a very good song. Is there a certain reason why you like this song? Do you like any other songs by Daniel Caesar?

jolie said...

Kia Ora Harrison

I appreciate your comment. I like this song because it has a very nice tune to it. I do like his other songs and it is called "Blessed". Have an amazing holiday :)

Chelsea Donaldson said...

Hi Jolie,

Great song/artist choice. I also like Daniel Caesar, and am going to his concert in March!

Well done for making further changes to your blog post after Cia's suggestion...That is what blog commenting is all about - giving and responding to feedback.

I have a question for you, do you know what kind of poetic device/language feature is used in the lines "You're the coffee that I need in the morning?" and "You're my sunshine in the rain when its pouring"..?

Miss D

Unknown said...

Hey Jolie
What a song. It sounds meaningful. Does this song mean anything to you?? Keep up the great work...

Post a Comment