Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 4 Activity 1

I like the song Tiaho Mai ra, the reason why is because it has a 
very Spiritual meaning also I sing the song with my family whenever 
I go to Opotiki. Sometimes when Im cleaning and I get bored I sing
this song out loud. I encourage you to learn this song because the
tune is very very catchy.




Tiaho mai rā Te whetu o te ata Kopu i te ao,Pareārau i te pō Ka tu te ao maramahe ao haraTu mai rā koe hei tohu i ahau, Tu mai rā koe hei tohu i ahau,E kaupare noaHoki mai rā ki ahau, e te tau.Hoki mai rā ki ahau, e te tau. Tiaho mai rā Te whetu o te ata Kopu i te ao,Pareārau i te pō Ka tu he o maramahe aharaTu mai rā koe hei tohu i ahau, Tu mai rā koe hei tohu i ahauE kore te aroha, Shining over there Is the morning star Venus in the dawn, Saturn in the night The full moon is risingAbove a sinful worldYou rise up there as a sign to me  You rise up there as a sign to me...  ...that love does not Randomly turn away. Come back to me my darlingCome back to me my darling Shining over there Is the morning star Venus in the dawn, Saturn in the night The full moon is rising aAbove a sinful worldYou rise up there as a sign to me  You rise up there as a sign to me.  

Image result for love heart

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jolie
Yes, most songs are very catchy which is what I said on mine. Do you feel like when you listen to a song in a different language, that you are learning that language??

sarah Glen Innes School said...

Hey Jolie
I am so pleased to see you again because your work is just magnificent. What is your favourite part about this song?

jolie said...

Kia Ora Vedel

Thank you for your comment.When I listen, sing and learn words of a foreign songs, I don't feel as if I understand but I still enjoy them as much.

jolie said...

Kia Ora Sarah

Thank you for your comment. My favourite part about this song is when it goes "
Tiaho mai rā Te whetu o te ata Kopu i te ao" the reason why is because the meaning is very beautiful.

Ruby SLJ said...

Hi Jolie,

Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team!
Great work. This is a very catchy waiata. It's good to choose a favourite song based on what it means. Sometimes songs can sound nice but they're meaning isn't nice.

Where did you first hear this song? I haven't heard it before so I wonder where you did hear it.

I look forward to reading more of your blog.
Cheers,
Ruby.

jolie said...

Kia Ora Ruby

Thank you for your comment, I first heard this song the Matua Twins they are very good at singing it. Have a great holiday and Christmas :)

Unknown said...

Hey Jolie
I can really see the all of the hard work that you have put into this activity. I also am doing the summer learning journey on my blog. What was your favrioute part about this activity? Why?
Hope you have a merry christmas and a happy new year.

jolie said...

Kia Ora Harrison

I appreciate your comment, my favorite part about this activity was being able to show what the song meant in english, the reason why is because this song is very special to me. Have a great holiday :)

Post a Comment