Pages

Tuesday 26 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 1 Bonus Activity

Read the poem. On your blog, tell us what you think of the poem. Do you like it?
How does this poem make you feel?
This poem makes me feel sad and lucky.
I feel sad because when it says In Flanders 
fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, 
row on row, I get an image of so many crosses
representing the soldiers who fought just to make 
sure that our home (New Zealand) was safe.
I also feel Lucky because I believe that without all
those soldiers our country wouldn't be safe. Also 
because I live in a very safe country which makes
me very grateful and Lucky. 



7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jolie
Fantastic work!!!

Unknown said...

Hey there Jolie, thanks for sharing your honest opinion about the poem for this activity. I like how you mention that you felt both sad and lucky. It's great you have recognised more than one emotion.
It certainly does make you feel grateful for the soldier's and their families' huge sacrifice for our freedom.

Are there any other poems you really like?

Thanks, Billy

jolie said...

Kia Ora Vedel

Thank you for your comment.

jolie said...

Kia Ora Billy

Thank you for your comment. I like the poem Dreams by Langston Hughes. What is your favourite poem?

Unknown said...

Hey Jolie
I can really see the all of the hard work that you have put into this activity. I also am doing the summer learning journey on my blog. What was your favrioute part about this activity? Why?

jolie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jolie said...

Kia Ora Harrison

Thank you for your comment, my favorite part about this activity was being able to share that I liked the poem and how I feel after reading the poem. Why well see I want people to know how I feel. Have a great holiday :)

Post a Comment