Pages

Saturday 8 July 2017

Winter learning journey Day 1 Activity 1.

3 Facts.

1. Four hundred years earlier than Christopher Columbus the Maori culture travelled around the world in a Waka looking for land like the one that we know today as New Zealand.

2. New Zealand has invented a bunch of things, For instance, AJ Hackett created the bungee jump isn't that amazing. New Zealand has also invented, frozen meat,electric fences, the Hamilton jet boat,stamp vending machines,The tranquilizer gun, fastest motorbike in the world and the Electric petrol pump.

3.Only 15% of kiwi families own boats. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jolie,

I really like the way you presented these 3 facts to us. I just think you should of made the last paragraph longer but overall I really liked it.

Unknown said...

Hi Jolie!

Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey blogging programme. It is a pleasure to have you join our team this holiday! I am really looking forward to blogging with you:)

I enjoyed your first post. It is clear that you've done some great research and identified three interesting facts about New Zealand. It would have been great to read more details about your third fact, however, I can understand that there may not have been anything else written about this issue. I must admit that I am surprised that 15% of kiwis own boats. That seems like quite a large number to me. What about you? Do you know anyone who owns a boat here in NZ?

Keep up the great work with your blogging. I'll be sure to read through all of your blog posts over the next few days!

Cheers,
Rachel :)

jolie said...

Kia Ora Rachel

I am very thankful for youre comment. I do know someone with a boat and that person is my Uncle. To me 15% is a low number.

Unknown said...

Kia ora Jolie,

Thanks for writing back! It is cool to know that your uncle has a boat. Do you ever go for a ride in it?

Keep up the great work with your blogging :)

Rachel

jolie said...

Kia Ora Rachel

Sometimes I do go for a ride in his boat if we are celebrating a birthday or something.

One question, Have you ever been on a boat ride?

daniel said...

Hi Jolie
My name is Daniel and I am from Panmure Bridge school. Good job on your first activity. Keep up the amazing work.
Daniel

Post a Comment