Pages

Sunday 9 July 2017

Winter Learning Journey Day 2 Activity 1

Dargaville sounded like a very cool place, so I decided to learn more about it. I learnt that it has many maraes around the river. I then learnt that Joseph McMullen was the one who established the township. Back in 1870 they did Kauri felling and gum digging. I believe that Kauri gum could be made into many things like statues and jewellery.

The most beautiful place that made me gasp was Karekare Beach. I like looking at it because of the way the smooth sand and the sunset just mixed together, it looked so pretty. This beach is a nice beach to go to when it's Matariki. I would go there every day when its summer. This beach is very popular and beautiful that is why everyone should come here and have a great experience.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jolie,

I really liked your paragraphs that you have done. I really liked the way you informed me with lots of information on Dargaville, Joseph McMullen and lots of other things. Keep it up

jolie said...

Kia Ora Limi

sorry for the late reply. Thank you for youre positive comment :)

daniel said...

Hello Jolie
Good job on this activity. I also chose Karekare beach. It's the perfect place to surf, swim or have a picnic. Keep up the good work.
Daniel

Unknown said...

Kia ora Jolie,

Karekare beach is truly stunning! It is my all-time favourite beach to visit in Auckland. I hope that you're able to drive out west one day to see it for yourself.

Did you know that it was recently voted as one of the 'Top 10' beaches in the entire world?

Cheers,
Rachel :)

Post a Comment