Pages

Wednesday 20 September 2017

The greatest storm.

I’m stuck at home, my parents left for work and I don’t know if their safe. Hurricane
Irma hit my hometown. Heavy rain cover the streets, destroyed land wrecked houses. Lucky mine is fine,When the tv goes out and the lights turn off I hear and see everything.


I see people worried about the destruction the hurricane could cause.
“Brrr it’s really cold in here.”


I feel the wind cover my body like a blanket, hiding in my room the lighting in front of my eyes gone within seconds. with nobody within my eyesight I knew it was gonna be a long night.


I have come up with a plan to escape my house and find some people. My plan is to go outside and face the hurricane, I am afraid that I will not make it but I am going to try. As I open the door I hear car sirens,screaming,thunder,wind and rain. I tried to walk but It felt like I was getting pulled  back because of the wind, I tried running but that didn’t work either I tried and I tried but it there was no success so I went back inside.


Since attempt one didn’t work I thought I would try another plan. Since I heard sirens and helicopters I thought I would to try to get their attention, I looked around the house and looked for a big flag and warm clothes. When I found the things i needed I went outside and I scream


“Hey please help me I’m alone !”


I waved the flag in the air and I did it like I was doing Flag semaphore,a helicopter flew past but it didn’t see me because of all of the fog and rain, I gave up and went inside.


At night I thought about what I could do to seek for help and find people who need help and when I thought about people I thought about my neighbours. So I went to sleep for a while and I got ready to try and make it to my neighbours house without being pulled back by the wind. I thought if I found the right time and waited for the storm to calm down a little bit then that would be the perfect time so I waited and waited, then the perfect time came I ran to my neighbours house and knocked on their door. They looked at me with relief, they let me in and we had a talk about getting help.

We eventually found a rescue team and made it out of the storm safe and sound.

0 comments:

Post a Comment